By J.G. Noll
Oh, TRICARE. There’s not a military family that doesn’t have a love-hate relationship with this particular benefit. Whether you’re a little more on the love spectrum today, or you’re really hating the bureaucratic knots you’re being tied in, it’s nice to know that virtually everyone has experienced these standard TRICARE moments.
1. When you realize you have to call the TRICARE appointment line.
2. When you call the appointment line, your kid is sick and you really, really need an appointment, like, yesterday.
3. When you walk into the clinic and see how many people are in the waiting room.
5. When you experience the TRICARE unicorn: Everything goes perfectly from the beginning of the appointment to the end.
6. When your name is finally called for an appointment… and it’s pronounced correctly.
7. When you leave the clinic after (what seems like) a million hours.
8. When you walk into the pharmacy and pull a number for “C87” and X24, Y36, and H89 are currently being served.
9. When you have to PCS and transfer your family’s files to your next TRICARE provider.