Our fearless leader, Jennifer Pilcher, has been nominated for Military Spouse of the Year, and she needs your support!
Base vote: Jan 22 – Winners announced Jan 25
Branch vote: Feb 5 – Winners announced Feb 21
National vote: March 5 – Award Ceremony May 9
Vote here: msoy.militaryspouse.com
Being Military Spouse of the Year is as much about accomplishments of the past as it is about a responsibility to represent and advocate for all military spouses in the future.
As a military spouse herself Jen know the struggles of being “married to the military” and spends much of her own time and effort working to make life a little easier for military families. As a volunteer she started the Military Mothers of Preschoolers (MMOPS) program to help connect military spouses with preschool-age children. When her children outgrew the program Jen went on to found MilitaryOneClick as a way of connecting all military families with resources for parenting as well as employment, deals & discounts, education, housing and much more.
Whether it’s helping out at a squadron function, attending a national milspouse event, or promoting a veteran-owned business, Jen is there!
Check out Jen’s video to follow her journey advocating for military families:
Accolades and Press Appearances
- How I Thrived During Deployment and Why I Nominate Jen Pilcher for MSOY – article by Kate Fosson
- : Jen’s Interview with Kristine, of USMC Life, on Semper Feisty Radio
- A Student’s Essay on Jen Pilcher - by Molly S, Grade 8
- MilitaryOneClick Gets Insider View of Commander-In-Chief Ball – article on Yahoo!News
- MilitaryOneClick attended U.S. Chamber Hiring our Heroes event at Washington Nationals Stadium, “2013 is The Year of The Military Spouse” - article on Zimbio
- MilitaryOneClick Becomes First Military Spouse Owned Small Business to Join Military Spouse Employment Partnership, Department of Defense - article on Yahoo!News
- Jennifer Pilcher talks about her experience at Inc’s Military Entrepreneur Program on Navy Wife Radio (Jennifer’s segment begins around 46:22)
- Jennifer’s interview w/Brad Cooper of Joining Forces
- Jennifer Pilcher of MiltaryOneClick introduces the First Lady, Mrs. Michelle Obama at the White House Mother’s Day Tea. See video at right. (Jen Pilcher begins speaking at 3:35 on the video.)
- Interview with Denise DiNovi, Producer of “The Lucky One” – Denise DiNovi, producer of “The Lucky One,” speaks with Jennifer Pilcher in an exclusive interview about the making of the movie.
- Making Sure Your Customers Find You, MilitaryOneClick founders on panel at SCORE’s E-Business Conference. Also watch the post-conference interview.
See the interview…
- Jennifer Pilcher of MilitaryOneClick, speaks about the Cherrios® “Send Cheer to Military Families” Campaign on Bill Bennett’s radio show.
Listen to the show…
- Jennifer Pilcher of MilitaryOneClick interviews hockey player Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals. (Jennifer’s interview starts at the 8:00 minute mark.)
Watch the interview…
- MilitaryOneClick named Top 7 Most Innovative Military Start – Ups in 2011 by INC. Magazine!
Read the article…
- MilitaryOneClick at the DoDLive Bloggers Roundtable: Military Spouse Employment Partnership.
Read the article…
- Jen Pilcher was a guest on PST Treatment’s Blog Talk Radio show.