Enrollment & Billing
CONUS : 855-638-8371
OCONUS : 855-638-8372
P.O. Box 14181
Lexington, KY 40512
Check a Claim
Find a Dentist
About MetLife Dental
MetLife is proud to offer the TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) to active duty family members and National Guard and Reserve members and their families. Take advantage of the cost effective dental coverage and convenience of having access to over 190,000 MetLife network locations. Learn more about the benefits of the TDP so you can be better prepared for the unexpected.
MetLife’s dentist network is referred to as the MetLife Preferred Dentist Program (PDP) which is also a DPPO or (Dental Preferred Provider Organization). You can visit any licensed and authorized dentist you choose but visiting a Network dentist (also known as a PDP Dentist), can save you time, money, and paperwork.
For more information view the TRICARE Dental Program Benefit Booklet
Answers to your questions about MetLife TDP…
- Who is eligible?
- Is Enrollment automatic?
- Why should I consider enrolling in TDP?
- How much does it cost?
- How do I enroll?
- Can I use any dentist?
- How do I find a dentist
- How do I access information about MetLife TDP online
- Are Orthodontics covered?
- Are dental implants, sealants or white fillings covered?
- What ages are children covered?
- How do I submit a claim?
- Family members of active duty uniformed services personnel
- Family members of National Guard and Reserve members
- National Guard and Reserve members who are not on active duty
Enrolling in the TRICARE Dental Program (TDP) helps you access dental care while saving money. Your potential savings are driven by two important factors: The Government pays 60% of the premiums for Active Duty Family Members and National Guard/Reserve Members. The TDP provides you access to network dentists who offer discounts off their normal rates. This could reduce your out of pocket costs (i.e. cost shares).
Other reasons include:
- Receive cost-effective monthly premiums
- No annual deductible
- Coverage for important and potentially costly dental care such as sealants, restorations,endodontics, periodontics, implants, and orthodontics
- No out-of-pocket costs for preventive and diagnostic care when visiting one of more than 190,000 locations in the MetLife Preferred Dentist Program (PDP) Worldwide coverage
- Coverage for family members when the sponsor’s status changes to active duty
- MetLife PDP dentists complete the Active Duty/Reserve Forces Dental Examination Form (DD Form 2813).
- Accidental Annual Maximum Benefit – In addition to the annual maximum, there is a $1,200 accidental annual maximum per enrollee.
Monthly premium rates are based on the sponsor’s military status (active duty, Selected Reserve or Individual Ready Reserve [IRR]) and type of enrollment. Visit http://www.tricare.mil/Dental/TDP/Enrollment/Premiums.aspx to see the current rates.
- Beneficiary Web Enrollment site: www.tricare.mil/bwe (CAC or DS Logon required)
- By Mail: Enrollment/change authorization document
- By Phone:
- CONUS 1-855-MET-TDP1 (1-855-638-8371)
- OCONUS 1-855-MET-TDP2 (1-855-638-8372)
- MetLife TDD/TTY Service for the Hearing Impaired 1-855-MET-TDP3 (1-855-638-8373)
Yes. You may visit any dentist of your choosing however, you will receive lower out-of-pocket costs by visiting a dentist who participates in MetLife’s Network or Preferred Dentist Program (PDP). MetLife has over 190,000 dentist office locations in their network. This represents roughly 60% of all available offices in the country which means the vast majority of TRICARE beneficiaries will have convenient access to a network dentist. If however, a beneficiary’s dentist is not in MetLife’s network, the beneficiary can certainly continue to use the same dentist. However, beneficiaries should be aware that using a network dentist can help minimize out of pocket costs.
How do I find a dentist?
On MetLife’s website you can search for Dental PPO dentists. The online directory is updated weekly and will indicate if the dentist is accepting new patients. When calling for any dentist appointment, be sure to ask if the dentist who will be treating you participates in the MetLife Preferred Dentist Provider (PDP) Network.
Find a Dentist Near You
How do I access information about MetLife TDP online?
Visit the MetLife TDP website or follow Metlife TDP on Facebook:
The orthodontic lifetime maximum is $1,750. Orthodontic treatment in-process will be considered. Any orthodontic benefits used with UCCI will carry over to MetLife and apply to the lifetime maximum on the TDP plan. Example: If you used $1000 while covered by UCCI you would have $750 available on the MetLife plan. Orthodontic treatment is available for family members (non-spouse) up to, but not including, 21 years of age or if a full time student up to, but not including 23 years of age. Spouses are covered for orthodontic benefits up to, but not including 23 years of age. For orthodontic services, beneficiaries in all OCONUS locations are required to have a Non-Availability and Referral Form (NARF) issued by the TRICARE Area Office (TAO), Overseas uniformed services Dental Treatment Facility (ODTF), or designated OCONUS Points of Contact (POCs).
Are dental implants, sealants or white fillings covered?
You may enroll your child at any age. At the sponsor’s discretion, you may enroll a child before they are age 4. After age 4, if there is an existing family plan in effect, children will be automatically enrolled on the first day of the month following the month in which they reach age 4.
Children are covered until up to age 21 if not married, or 23 if they are a full time student.
- Fax: 1-855-763-1333
- Mail: P.O. Box 14181, Lexington, KY 40512.
- E-mail: OCONUSdentalclaims@metlife.com
- Fax: 1-855-763-1334
- Mail: P.O. Box 14182, Lexington, KY 40512.
Peanuts ©2013 Peanuts Worldwide
©2013 METLIFE, INC.
“TRICARE” is a registered trademark of the TRICARE Management Activity. All rights reserved.