TricareActive duty service members (ADSMs) and active duty family members (ADFMs) who are moving can now transfer their TRICARE Prime enrollment by phone in addition to online or by mail.

 By Phone (new)

If you are an ADSM or ADFM moving to a new location, the easiest way to transfer your Prime enrollment is to call your current regional contractor to begin the process. If you are moving to a new region, your information will be sent to your new regional contractor, who will follow up with you to complete the enrollment transfer after you arrive at your new location. Your new regional contractor will also work with you to assign a primary care manager (PCM) best suited to your needs and the location of your work or home. Your new regional contractor will inform you if the US Family Health Plan is available in your new area. If you are moving within your current region, your regional contractor will help you transfer to a new PCM.

If you need to seek care before your transfer is processed, contact the regional contractor for the region you are moving from for authorization and referral information.

If you prefer to call your new regional contractor upon arrival at the new location, then your new regional contractor can also transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment at that time.

Note: This option is only available to ADSMs and ADFMs with TRICARE Prime, TRICARE Prime Remote, TRICARE Prime Remote for Active Duty Family Members, TRICARE Overseas Program (TOP) Prime, or TOP Prime Remote. Retirees and their dependents who are enrolled in TRICARE Prime should transfer their enrollment when they reach their new location using the online or mail options described below.


If you are a stateside TRICARE Prime beneficiary, you may also transfer your enrollment online using the Beneficiary Web Enrollment (BWE) Web site. For more information or to access BWE, visit and use one of the following to log on:

• Valid Common Access Card

• Defense Finance and Accounting Service myPay login ID

and password

• DoD Self-Service Logon

Note: BWE is only available to beneficiaries in the United States.

 By Mail

You may transfer your TRICARE Prime enrollment by completing the TRICARE Prime Enrollment Application and PCM Change Form (DD Form 2876) and mailing it to your new regional contractor at the address listed in the For Information and Assistance section of this fact sheet. You may also drop it off at a TRICARE Service Center. To download DD Form 2876, visit

Click here for the “Moving Made Easy:  Transferring Your Tricare Prime Enrollment.

Leave a Reply